Monday, January 09, 2017

17 in 2017

I have decided not to start any new quilts this year.  Well, actually there is one that I have to do.  It's a quilt for a baby boy and it has to be done by March.   But other than that I am going to join the 17 in 2017 blog.  You can find the idea at Pomegranate and Chinz. But you will have to google it.  Blogger won't let me link it.

This involves making a list of 17 UFOs that I would like to finish this year or at least work on them when I can.  And if a finish happens than that is a bonus.  Making a list may take me a while because I have lots of unfinished quilts on the go.

1.  My Shadow I Spy.  This just has to have the binding put on it.



2.  My zoo animal applique baby quilt



3.  A scrappy strip quilt - I may send this one to Janet Chisholm for quilting



4.  My DD's blue and yellow Six Pointed start quilt - needs two borders and quilting

           (I'll add a photo later)

5.  hexie quilt - large flowers

6.  hexie quilt - red - just a few more flowers to sew on

7.  yellow scrappy quilt - needs quilting

8.  31/2 inch block quilt



9.  Nine patch Christmas quilt



10. red and white scraps


11.  Sampler quilt - I made several of these when I was teaching beginner quilting.  I will donate these.

12.  Rosewood Cottage quilt

13.  Applique in a day - Eleanor Burns

14.  Bear in a Berry Patch - Applique - I need to find this one

15.  Charity quilt


16.  Flower Basket - hexies



17.  I haven't decided what number 17 will be.


In progress - 150 Canadian Women

In progress - hexie quilt

New quilt  Baby Boy Quilt - Due in March


 

7 comments:

Rose Marie said...

Lovely finish and I like that your son hung it up so that he can enjoy it every time he goes up and down those stairs.

You have quite the list to finish and there are a lot of EPP projects on the go.

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

That sounds like a good plan and a list that looks like you can accomplish it. The one needing binding could be a quick finish to start it all off.

Wacky Woman said...

Good for you Hetty. And I thought finishing 5 was a big deal.

Manuela said...

Wonderful plans for 2017.

Simone de Klerk said...

Sounds like a plan! And some wonderful projects to finish. I decided to give away my unfinished quilts for charity. Luckily I know a lady who loves finshing them (o:

Anita SS said...

I love your UFO's, so pretty. Good luck at getting them finished. That's my goal this year too is to finish as many as I can. I really love the zoo animal applique. Is there a pattern for it that you can share the name/pattern designer of it?

Jannette said...

I've signed up to finish 17 knitting projects in 2017, and a quilt project for each month (and I have WAY more than 12 UFOs!). I'm hoping that having the accountability will encourage me to finish a few quilts - and then donate them to someone that needs them far more than I do.
I'm doing the 150 Canadian Women quilt too - do you have pictures of your blocks so far? I'll be blogging about mine on Monday. (They're posted on Facebook)