Sunday, January 01, 2017

A finished Quilt for 2017

Drum roll please.  Here is one of the only quilts I finished in 2016.  This is the Super Heroes quilt I made for DS.  It got put away many times over the years.  I just didn't know how I would quilt such a huge quilt.  It measures 73" by 84".   So I took it to my favourite longarm quilter, Janet Chisholm.  She had it done for me to put the binding on and have it ready for Christmas giving.  DS was very happy.  He hung it in the stairway of his new house.  I forgot to take a photo, so DS took a couple after he hung it up.



Here is another view from the first floor.


I wish I could get a close-up of it, but I can't upload it to my photo zoombrowser.  He took the photos with his camera and emailed them to me.  But you get the idea.

6 comments:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

That is a beautiful quilt and what a great spot to hang it!

Dolores said...

Wonderful Hetty. A finish is a finish no matter when you get it done. I'm sure you son is very pleased with it.

Jannette said...

That's a stunning quilt! He's got it hanging in the perfect spot!

KaHolly said...

Congratulations on a spectacular finish, Hetty! Hanging it instead of using it speaks loudly! XO

dutchcomfort said...

Lovely quilt and a great spot to display the quilt!

Simone de Klerk said...

Long, happy drum rolls for you! I remember you working on it. Lovely home decoration for a new home!