Monday, July 12, 2010

Flower of the Week

This is my favourite flower that is blooming in my garden right now. It's a Day Lily called 'Siloam Double Classic'. I just love the peach colour and they are very fragrant as well. The flowers are 5inches across.


Here is a close up I took this morning when the sun was out. It has clouded over now and thunder showers are expected to move into our area at any time. I am busy, playing in my sewing room. Will show you what I have done next time.


Family: Hemerocallidaceae. Genus: Hemerocallis.

Species: H. Siloam Double Classic



5 comments:

Barb said...

Beautiful flower!

Simone de Klerk said...

A lovely flower with a lovely color! Very royal somehow.

Pat said...

The color of that flower is SOOO pretty!

LizzieJane said...

My Lilies are blooming too. I just love the color of this one.
x

Rinie said...

My lilies are coming and going.
Have now a white one and a pink one blooming.
Love the majestic colour of yours.