Thursday, February 10, 2011

More Mug Rugs

We have beautiful sunshine today. But it is extremely cold. With the wind it feels like -25C. It kind of takes your breath away. I just stuck my head out for a moment to throw some peanuts to the squirrels. Oscar thought he wanted to go out, but he changed his mind once he got to the door and felt the cold. Smart cat. And smart me too! I decided to make this an indoor, sewing day.

But my sewing machine is still at the shop. It has been serviced, but I can't pick it up until Saturday. So for now I have been playing with my fabric. I have had to use my old Jeans Machine (White). The seam allowances are not very accurate and it feels like driving an old truck instead of a quiet BMW. But it was okay for making these string hearts. I think I will make a small wall hanging using them. I'll finish it on Saturday when I get my machine back.
I also made a mug rug with one of the blocks. I have sandwiched it, but will wait for my Bernina to finish it.
And last, but certainly not least, is my chicken block for this week's Block Party. I designed a paper piecing pattern for it. Then I added the strips on the side. The chicken part measures about 6 inches square. This will also be finished next week.




6 comments:

Pat said...

Smart to stay inside. Looking out at the sunshine might make us feel warm, but once that door is opened......BRRRRRR!!! Your string hearts and your chicken are cute projects.

Wacky Woman said...

Love, love both th hearts and chicken.

Simone de Klerk said...

Guess you managed well with your old truck.
Love the chicken block you made!
Stay warm (o:

Oiyi said...

Those are going to be pretty mug rugs.

the dutch purple rabbit said...

i love the dotted chick. :)
with all the animal patterns you can me a zoo themed quilt.

nynke

LizzieJane said...

Really loving those little mug rugs. I think I am going to have to make me some. I hope that soon your weather won't be quite so cold. I am really longing for some warmer weather so I can sit in the garden and sew.
x