The good news is: I have found a home for my 'Goodnight Moon' quilt! My neighbour across the street from me has become a grandmother, so I decided to give her new grandson this quilt. I started it a long time ago and just sewed the label on this morning. I hope she (and he) likes it. I may have posted it before. The pattern was created by a quilting friend who belongs to our guild. Such talent!
And now for the bad news. My machine is going back to the shop for service. It's not the same shop that I took it to the last few times. This is a new place. I talked to one of the salespeople there yesterday. (Also a quilty friend who belongs to our guild) She told me that the repair guy there has had a lot of experience with Bernina, so I hope he can fix it. All I am able to sew right now is straight stitching - forward and back. None of the special stitches work. I can't even do simple zigzag to machine applique some blocks I have been working on. This is so frustrating! I think I am going to get a lot of reading done this weekend.