Friday, January 20, 2012

Harry Potter is Finished

I have finished a charity quilt!  My first finish for this year.  Yippeeeee! 

It was a kit from our guild, since this quilt will go to our Quilts from the Heart progrram.  30, 8.5inch blocks featuring a Harry Potter fabric.  Looks easy, right  - just sew the patches together and quilt it.  Not!  The patches were all different sizes, so I had to cut them down to 8.25inches.  Then, as I was sewing them together, I discovered a yellow patch that was only 8 x 6 inches.  I put everything away for a while so that I could think about this dilemma.  That yellow fabric looked familiar.  So I searched and searched through my stash and then my scraps.   And eventually I found a small piece!  I said a little prayer, ironed it and was able to cut an 8.25in. block from it.  I am glad it is finished.

5 comments:

Barb said...

Turned out great!!! Frustrating when you have to recut but well...it is done now!

Pat said...

I'm glad you were able to come up with some yellow to make a new block...otherwise you would have been extra-frustrated!!! It looks nice all finished....good job!

wackywoman said...

You are making some child very happy!

Simone de Klerk said...

What a lovely HP quilt! How things that seem easy can turn so difficult sometimes.

Anonymous said...

Love the sunrise; miss the little bird.
Your first quilt looks promising toward of what your talent the rest of the year will bring.

Makke.