Thursday, February 23, 2012

If It Ain't Broke...

...Don't fix it.
I first heard that saying from a friend's Mom when I was around 10 years old.  It seemed so obvious to me.  Why would you fix anything that wasn't broken?  I don't use that phrase very often, but it seems fitting for this blogger thing that's going on.  Many of you will know what I am talking about.  All I have to say is this...

Hello!  I'm not in my twenties any longer.  It takes me a long time to learn new things.  

I have downloaded Google Chrome and that seems to be working.  It will take me awhile to figure everything out though.  In the meantime I think I will post more often just to get myself familiar with the way things are.

I have been busy with my Orca Bay quilt.  Bonnie Hunter had this quilt on her blog as a mystery quilt last fall.  It seemed like too much work back then.  But once I saw the finished quilts, I was hooked.  I didn't start it until a couple of weeks ago.  I am making it smaller than the original.  These are the blocks I have been working on this morning.

Can you see that little white furry thing in the top right of the photo?  That's Mimi's tail.  She thinks she is hiding from me.   Here she is.












8 comments:

Simone de Klerk said...

Love what you are working on!!! Such great fabric matches.

Pat said...

That Orca Bay quilt is very nice...I've liked every one of them I've seen posted on blogs! Mimi is funny!

Barb said...

Love your Orca quilt and so funny about Mimi!!

Cool Cats and Quilts said...

I just love that quilt! I love the use of the blue with the tradional black, white and red. I can't wait to see it finished! Your little friend is very cute.

KaHolly said...

Be sure to share that beauty when it's all finished!!

Anonymous said...

Love the orca and MIMi under the cover.
My Google gmail tells me constantly to change to Google Chrome

Makke

hakucho said...

You are very ambitious! That is going to be a beautiful quilt. I can see why you were "hooked" :)

Wacky Woman said...

Your quilt is going to be gorgeous. Why did you change to google chrome? Just asking....