Wednesday, January 02, 2013

A New Year Challenge

Yesterday we went to the Franklin Club for a New Year's Buffet Brunch.  Delicious!  But then, the New Year's Buffet is always that!

The weather was fantastic - cold, but bright and sunny.  It takes about 1 hour to get to the club, but the drive was well worth it!  I took a photo of Franklin Lake while we were there.  It was snow covered, but the ice was not thick enough to walk on yet.  Soon the lake will be covered with ice huts for fishing.


I have decided to join Carrie of A Passion for Applique in her UFO Challenge for 2013.  Here are the first 3 projects I hope to finish this month.


Number 1.  This is Easy Street.  I know that it is still in progress, but I am so far behind I may never catch up if I don't put it on my to-do list.


Number 2.  The Super Heroes quilt for my DS.  This is not really a UFO either, but I have changed it and started over so many times that I feel as if it is.  I am doing it in a Kaffe, 'Target Log Cabin" style.  I have also seen it called, "Cabin Tracks'.  I don't know yet what I will call it.  Maybe 'Target Heroes".   I would love to have it finished by the end of this month.


Number 3.  This one really is a UFO.  I started it a couple of years ago.  It's a Disappearing Nine-Patch.  I ran out of the blue fabric, so I put it away.  Now I would like to finish it.  It will take some thought to figure out how to make it bigger.





10 comments:

Wacky Woman said...

I am not joining any challenges this year. I still have a huge stack of quilt flimsies that need to be quilted. I did start a slef-imposed challenge that I put on my blog to keep me honest. LOL Sounds like you are going to be busy Hetty.

KaHolly said...

Great projects to start the year!! I don't usually do challenges, but I'm ALWAYS working on UFOs, so I thought that joining this challenge would help me stay organized and finish more than usual. Good luck!

Nancy-Rose said...

I wish I had done Easy Street. I am a huge Bonnie Hunter fan, and when I saw the reveal on her facebook page yesterday...oh wow! It is a beauty!

Carrie P. said...

Hi Hetty,
so glad you decided to join with me to finish some UFOs. Good luck with your goals. I will be cheering you on.

Dolores said...

If you can, use a darker blue for the rest of the blocks and use those blocks as a border. It will have the same look, only darker and act as a frame.
I don't need to join a challenge as I know all of the UFOs that are around that I want to work on. Slowly and steadily.

nessa said...

Love the Heroes quilt! I have to be careful my partner doesn't snoop over my shoulder and see it or he will want one! Best of luck with your January plans!

Vicki said...

Good luck with finishing up the UFOs. I know it always feels good to get them finished and off the plate. It's also hard not to be tempted by new projects. Have a wonderful New Year.

Jossie said...

Happy New Year to you! Beautiful picture of the lake.
Good luck with the projects. No resolutions here. Take things as they come.

Simone de Klerk said...

Fun, that you joined Carrie's challenge too. That way we can keep each other going. Lovely projects you are going to work on.

Barb said...

I hopeyou get them finished, they are lovely quilts!