Friday, September 13, 2013

A Strange Week - Which Season are We In?

We had really strange weather this week.  It was cold last weekend and then became hot  super hot on Tuesday.  We had temps in the low 30s with a humidex in the low 40s.  That continued for a couple of days. Yesterday afternoon it started to cool down.  Today it is cold again - only around 11C.  I just can't get used to this.

Yesterday my DD asked me to come to her school and help her out with a Grade 1/2 class that she had for art.  I had mixed feelings, but once I got there I quite enjoyed myself.  The kids made self portraits.


Today is Friday so I should give you a hexie update.  I managed to get an entire row of hexies around my La Passion.  Now I will put a row of blue around it.  I don't have enough of the blue that I used in the centre of the blocks, but I think I have something very close to it.


I have also been playing around with some very small hexies.  I think I might make a pillow with them.  I have no pattern for this and am just making it up as I go.  I'm using lots of scraps so it will be very colourful.

I am linking up with Angie's blog.


Have a Terrific Weekend!

8 comments:

Angie in SoCal said...

Hetty, know just what you mean about the vicissitudes of the weather - it's been that way here all summer, it seems. Those self portraits would make a darling quilt. Love how that pink row of hexies accents your La Passion - super! And thanks for linking to Hexie Friday.

Turid said...

Your La Passion is coming together very beautiful. It's good that you may the fabrics as you go. Always a new round and a new possibility. Have a nice weekend! I'll follow your progress.

Julie in GA said...

Your hexie project is fabulous! I am enjoying seeing your progress.

Wendy said...

Your project is coming along nicely.

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

Great hexie quilt!

Barb said...

What a fun class and always love your hexies

Sue Daurio said...

Love the self portraits. That hexie project is looking mighty fine

Wacky Woman said...

I love self portraits by children. Our weather is turning up again. Geeze. I'm surprised I'm not sick with all the changes.