Thursday, March 27, 2014

Stuff

It's been a week since I last posted anything.  Not much sewing has been going on here, so there is not much to show.  I have been working on my hexies, though.  About 150 are prepped and just waiting to be sewn into the the quilt top.


On Monday evening I decided I needed a few more dishcloths.  So I found some nice spring coloured cotton and got started.  Felix sat on them as soon as i put them down, but he refused to look at me when I took the photo.  I still love him though!



Last week I showed you a photo of the crocuses growing in the front of my house.  I was hoping they would be in bloom by now, but NOT!!


It's been way too cold.  Below freezing temps and lots of wind.  We did miss the storm that moved through just south of us and hit the Maritimes with up to 50cm of snow, the biggest storm they have had this winter.

The only things growing are inside.  This is an Amaryllis that I bought a couple of years ago.  It went dormant and now it is ready to bloom again.  There are two buds on this one and another plant has one bud.  Can't wait for these to open up.


And my Streptocarpus is doing fantastic!  It went into a dormant spell, but now it is blooming again.  I love these blue flowers.  I know these plants are indoors, but they give me hope that spring will arrive one day - soon, I hope.



Tomorrow I will be 24106 days old.








6 comments:

Terry said...

Your hexies are beautiful as always! And your dishcloths are so pretty! I love the blue and green one. Happy birthday! :0)

Wacky Woman said...

It sure looks like you are ready and waiting for Spring!!

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I love your indoor blooms. Your hexies remind me of marbles laid out in a pattern. They are so pretty.

Manuela said...

Your hexie-scrappy looks fantastic.
Happy Birthday. Enjoy your day.

Greetings, Manuela

Barb said...

Always love your hexies and flowers...

Deb said...

Happy Birthday Hettie!!