Wednesday, September 24, 2014

It's Fall

Fall started on Monday evening.  I can't believe it!  Where did the summer go?  We had lots of rain and very cool weather in September.  But now that fall is officially here, the weather has turned warm and sunny. This is my kind of weather.

We started up our Tuesday morning quilting group a few weeks ago.  This really makes it feel like fall again.  Here we are sewing, reading, chatting, knitting, eating and drinking tea.  It's a wonderful time to get together!


September 23, 2014

I am now off to my sewing room.  

Our guild, the Rouge Valley Quilter's Guild is holding a challenge.  It's called the PhD challenge. PhD stands for Projects half done.  This is how it works.  We have to register an unfinished project that we want to work on.  We have to finish this by next May.  If we finish it we have met the challenge.  If we don't finish it we have to donate $5 to our local women's shelter.  Heck, that's a win/win situation!   I am going to enter several of my UFOs into this challenge.  It will be so nice to get some things done!


1 comment:

Wacky Woman said...

Oh I do like the idea of having to donate something if you don't finish your PHd. Our guild doesn't do that and the incentive isn't as great. However, it is a very worthy cause.