Friday, January 13, 2017

First Finish for 2017

I've been sick.  For two weeks.  They were the worst two weeks of my life.  But I have been feeling a bit better over the last few days.  And I was able to sew the binding onto my Shadow I Spy. 
I had it quilted by Janet Chisholm.  She actually finished it just before Christmas, but I was not able to do anything with it.  On the last Friday of the year I picked it up and took it home, intending to finish it before the end of the year.  But, like I said, I got sick.  A nasty flu.  But - better late than never.

 
William really loves this quilt.  It contains all of his favourite things.  From strawberries to fish.  He loves sitting on it and pointing to everything.
 
 


He also uses it as a play mat, driving his favourite trucks all over it. 

 
So this is officially my first finish of my 17 for 2017.  Now onto other projects.  I am linking up with Crazy Mom Quilts.
 

11 comments:

Wacky Woman said...

I am so sorry you had the crud. It was a nasty one here too. But, on the positive note, look at that fabulous quilt! Really wonderful. William knows a good thing all right!

tahoe34 said...

I am so sorry to hear you've been sick. Your quilt is just amazing. You should be really proud of that!! And the happy face of that beautiful boy really says it all, doesn't it? Continue to feel better!

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

Yay, a finish and how wonderful that someone loves it already!

Manuela said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your flu.
I hope you are feeling better soon.
The quilt for William looks great. He can see a lot of funny things.
Have a nice weekend, Manuela

em's scrapbag said...

Glad your feeling better. The quilt is great! Lucky William

Adaliza said...

I saw another quilt in this pattern earlier on today - yours looks brilliant and will be so cherished by little William. Something he'll always remember. Hope you're better soon - it's a horrible virus.

travelinsewl said...

Great job! hope seeing it finished makes your recovery complete!

KaHolly said...

No more sick! Not allowed! ;). Great finish! Glad you're feeling better! XO

Simone de Klerk said...

I got all distracted by your sweet grandson - oh yes, the finished quilt. Beautiful!

Jannette said...

Glad to hear that you're feeling better! LOVE your Shadow I Spy quilt! Your GS is pretty cute too!

Barb said...

What a wonderful finish and little one.....fills your heart.