Friday, December 05, 2008

A Frosty, Frivolous and Fun, Fickle-Feline Friday

It was the kind of morning when you just don't want to get out of bed. The temperature outside was -6C. With the wind factored in, that made it feel like -12C. My joints were stiff and sore. I pulled the covers back over my head. Did I really have to get up? Maybe I could pretend to be sick and someone would bring me breakfast in bed. But no, that wouldn't work! No one was home. It was just the cats and me. Oh, well.
After a hot shower and a steaming cup of coffee I decided to do some quilting. The sewing room was in a royal mess and I couldn't find anything! It was my intent to finish a couple of Christmas presents, but that was not to be. Novelty fabrics, scraps and postcard ideas were everywhere. They were sucking me into a void - a postcard void! As I felt myself swirling around and around, I started tracing and cutting and pasting and then sewing around little motifs of Christmas trees, Santas, leaves and penguins. It was impossible to stop making these little postcards. It was a fun, but frivolous feat for a frosty Friday. Why fight it?
I looked for Mimi. I wanted to show her my little postcard creations. I went into the solarium and found her, sound asleep, on the cat blanket I made last week. That fickle feline!
"Hey, Mimi! I thought you didn't like the cat blanket with the 'd' word on it!"
"I never said that!"
"You did so! You made a big case out of it!"
"Well, a girl can change her mind, can't she?"
"Oh, f....udge!" Oh, no, not another f-word! Enough is enough! I will save that one for my Friends in the Federal Government in Ottawa!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a pretty looking cat. She looks so content on her blanket.