Thursday, February 25, 2010

Some Projects and a SkyWatch Friday Post

I went up to Minden Ontario to visit my mother last weekend. She is in a nursing home up there. My brother did the driving. It was a very beautiful day. Lots of sunshine and moderate temperatures. On the way home the sun was setting. I took a photo, from the car, and am I ever glad I did. We haven't seen the sun all week. If you would like to see more SkyWatch photos from around the world, click here.


On the Crochet Front.....I made this sweater for my Mom. It's Kim Guzman's Jiffy Cardigan. This one is real easy and quick. I think she liked it.

I also gave my Mom the lap blanket I had crocheted last week. She liked that too, but she wanted to give it to my sister's son for the upcoming birth of his new baby. That will be another great grandchild for her! I was surprised that she remembered about this new addition to our family. So I told her to keep her blanket and I promised to make another baby blanket using the same stitch that she could give to the baby. It will look similar to this one, but I will have to use some different colours because I ran out of most of these. Mimi just couldn't resist taking a nap on it before I bundled it up and took it up north with me.

15 comments:

em's scrapbag said...

The sky watch pic is beautiful!
Your crocheting is lovely. Congrats to your mom for another great grandbaby!

My name is Riet said...

Your skywatch picture is great and I love your crocheted quilts. Gorgeous

Lorac said...

So nice to go see your Mom! A fair distance away. A lovely sunset to end the day!

Unknown said...

That's great that your mom was thinking of all that! Lol more work for you though.
The blanket looks adorable!

Barb said...

Where have I been all this time, head in the dirt? You do lovely crochet...totally lovely....

Pat said...

LOVE the cardigan and the blanket, too. I'm glad your visit with your mom was a good one.

BlossomFlowerGirl said...

A lovely serene sunset with beautiful colours. It's good that you visit your Mum. Your crochet and quilts are great - you must be very talented. Thanks for visiting my blog and your kind comments.
Have a lovely weekend.
Cheers.
Melbourne Daily Photo

Unknown said...

A lovely sunset and I greatly admire your craft skills.

This Is My Blog - fishing guy said...

Hetty: Very nice colors in your sunset. Love your cat curled into a ball.

Jan K. said...

That's a very nice and colorful sunset.

the dutch purple rabbit said...

i nice too hear that you visit you're mom.
mimi has stole my heart ones again.

nynke

LV said...

You trip to see your mom paid off two ways. You made her happy and captured a lovely sky shot.

Kcalpesh said...

The cat looks so cute! You made the sweater all by your self? It looks cute too! And last but not the least... I loved the stunning colors in the sky!!

Pixellicious Photos

Maria said...

I love your cat curled on the blanket! Best wishes for your mom and the new baby in your family!
Hope the snow storm is over by now?

The Calico Cat said...

Lovely sweater!