Wednesday, May 05, 2010

Mimi Loves It!

I have been working on the UFO baby quilt. I thought I would get the top done today. But when I put it on my design floor, it wasn't right. Mimi likes it though.

Mimi - "Meow! I love it. It smells good!"
Perhaps I should have taken a better photo of it so you would be able to see it, but Mimi wouldn't get off. I have no idea where this pattern came from. I think it was in a magazine. Does anyone recognize it? It seems too small to me and I wonder if there was supposed to be a border or two on it. I decided I would just make a few extra blocks to make it larger, but I didn't measure correctly. But how could I? Mimi wouldn't get off!

Mimi - "I love this quilt! It's so soft and warm!"

I guess I am going to have to leave it until tomorrow. Maybe I can finish it then. That is, if I can Mimi to get off it!

Mimi - "Meow! Get me off? Not bloody likely! Meow!"


Edited May, 6th - I found the magazine this quilt was inspired by. It's on the cover of the McCall's, "Quilting", August, 2001 edition. I think I changed some of the blocks, so I am still not exactly sure what I was going to do with this quilt. It's sort of a 'design-as-you-go' right now, but that's okay. I love just sewing and designing and coming up with something new!


11 comments:

Pat said...

Mimi could at least do some measuring for you!!! I hope you get it finished tomorrow. Pretty fabrics in that quilt.

Vicki said...

I think Mimi has claimed it for herself. She likes it the way it is, a perfect cat quilt. You have to admit she is cute.

I do like to colours in your quilt, so perhaps a nice border would finish it off nicely.

Barb said...

What good taste Mimmie has!!

the dutch purple rabbit said...

mimi tell you're mommy she is doing a good job on the quilt.

nynke

Linda said...

awww so cute ... I think Mimi would like to keep the quilt for herself.

Ulrika K said...

The colors are gorgeous, I think the quilt is fabulous just like that! And the cat is sweet! :-)

quilary said...

Mimi does have great taste! I've got a quilt with framed squares blocks partially cut out for one of my girls, but I really like the variety of having 'framed rectangles'in there as well...mmm...might need a rethink there...

Opal said...

how i adore that mimi!

LizzieJane said...

The quilt and Mimi are just lovely. She almost looks like she is smiling in the last photo.
x

Bluebird49 said...

I love quilts, but MiMi is SO cute!

Rinie said...

This quilt belongs to Mimi.
She loves the quilt: it smells good, it's soft and warm and she is sure what you are going to do with this quilt. She recognized it as hers. Just the right size too.
So, give up Hetty and make Mimi a proud owner of the quilt.
Read the other comments again:
All the bloggers agree!!