Monday, June 14, 2010

A Good Mail Day!

It's been a hot and sticky day today. I wasn't planning on doing too much in the kitchen. But then the postal service came and delivered a package. It came all the way from Australia and I knew right away that it was my apron from the apron swap that Sarah from Red Gingham organized. Hilary from quilary - take a peek over the fence sent it to me.

Here is my daughter modelling it. I am a lot bigger, so it fits me perfectly. I just love the little kangaroo and all the other Australian animals. So cool! So even though I now have this cute apron, I still didn't do any cooking. We ordered Swiss Chalet chicken instead. I'm not sure if I will wear it tomorrow either. I think I'll just sit and look at it for awhile. It's really too pretty to wear while I'm cooking and have things splatter on it. Hilary also included a couple of hot pads in her package. They will look great hanging on my kitchen wall! Thank you Hilary! You've made my day!

5 comments:

Pat said...

Your daughter is a pretty gal.....lovely things you got in that swap.

Barb said...

What a fun apron.....

Vicki said...

What a lovely surprise in the mail for you. Aren't the Australian fabrics cool.

dutchcomfort said...

Such a pretty daughter Hetty! The apron looks wonderful! That was a great swap!

quilary said...

Hi Hetty, I'm glad you like your apron. I've finally put up a little post about our swap. Your daughter is a good sport to model it for the photo! Thanks again. Hilary