Thursday, June 17, 2010

Grandma's Flowers in My Flower Garden

I managed to get a few flowers made this week. It rained all day yesterday, so I couldn't take a good photo. But today the weather is gorgeous! So here are my flower blocks for this week.
First, 3 of them in yellow and green with my Verbena and Calibrachoa or Million Bells. I used to think that Calibrachoa were miniature petunias, but they are not. Although closely related to petunias, Calibrachoa has a very different DNA structure. They are wonderful in a hanging basket, and with the peachy Verbena they make for a colourful show in the garden.

I also made 3 in pinks and turquoise. Here they are in amongst my Phlox and Shasta daisies. The phlox is already beginning to bloom and the daisies look like they will open soon too.


5 comments:

JustCindy said...

Very pretty flowers.

dutchcomfort said...

Lovely colourful flowers!

Jossie said...

They are lovely Hetty. Love the colours.

Oiyi said...

Gorgeous flowers! They look wonderful in the garden. Very colorful.

Simone de Klerk said...

Lovely lovely flowers and it is already a week later ...
Hope the weather is still as gorgeous with you! We finally have some fine weather!