Sunday, October 24, 2010

The Creative Festival

Day 24 of Blogtoberfest


My husband and I went down to the Creative Festival today. Had a great time and met lots of fellow quilters. I bought a few metres of fabric to replenish my stash. The reds on the left were from Len's Mills. Gosh I love that place. It was a bit difficult to maneuver around in their section, but I did find a few nice reds. The fabrics on the right were 2.99 per metre. Not bad for backings or baby quilts. And the fat quarters in the centre were 4 for $10, more reds and a couple of light coloured batiks.

I also got a few extra things that caught my interest. A new cutting mat and a ruler with 30, 60 and 90 degree markings, some seed beads, and a ball of Rozetti Cocoon Multi. I saw something like this on Cybele's Patch. I think my daughter will like this once I have it made up into a scarf. The book looked interesting - Quilting Manhole Covers. I didn't buy it when I first spotted it. It's a book full of quilt patterns based on the manhole covers in Japan. As we were leaving I decided that I just couldn't leave it behind, so I sent my husband back to get it for me.
We took the GO train to Union Station. It is almost completely wheelchair accessible now. It was a fast and economical way to get downtown. Now that I am home I can feel my exhaustion. I need some sustenance and then a nap. And I also want to take a closer look at that book. Talk to you all tomorrow.

7 comments:

Barb said...

Love your fabrics....glad you had a good time.

Jossie said...

Sounds like you had a super day. You got yourself some lovely presents. The knitting yarn looks similar to mine. Only different brand. I love the black and white. Can't wait to see the scarf.

Wacky Woman said...

oooooooooooooh, nice haul.

dutchcomfort said...

Nice shoppings! I would love to learn more about those quilted manhole covers!

Pat said...

Great yarn and I, too, want to know more about this manhole cover quilting book!

Vicki said...

I'm glad you had a great time at the festival. Yes you will have to fill us in on that quilting manhole cover book, sounds intriguing.

Cathi said...

Len's Mills is a bit of an experience -- but oh, the fabric prices are so definitely worth it!! That Quilting Manhole Covers looks rather interesting.