Thursday, January 20, 2011

First Finish for the Year!

I have a finish! This quilt is destined to go to a vet in a nursing home. I have no idea who or where. It is a Quilts from the Heart quilt. Our guild members will know what to do with it. I'm just glad I got it finished in time for our meeting next Monday evening. A lot of scraps and pieces from my stash were used to make this Bento Box pattern.


I also pieced the back. I wanted to use up some more of my stash so that I can go shopping! The purple fabric in the centre is not really purple. It is very dark, almost a brown colour. But it has little patches of glittering gold so I guess that is why it tricked my camera into producing a purple colour.

We have some lovely sunshine today. The temperature is only -13C and with the wind it feels even colder, but a pair of mourning doves were enjoying the rays on the bird feeder this morning. Can you see blue sky? Isn't that beautiful? Don't get used to it though. We are going to get clouds and more snow for this evening and into tomorrow morning. It is nice while it lasts though!


Now to get to work on my friend's quilt. I want to mail it out to her on Saturday.







7 comments:

Barb said...

Someone will definitely love that quilt....

We hae sunshine today too....yepee

hakucho said...

I'm sure whoever receives your quilt will cherish it :)

The Vegetarian Hunter said...

Those love doves look fat! Must be because it is too cold to fly around. I have never seen them here (Edmonton, AB), but in England they are in all the hedges.
How good of you to make such a lovely quilt for someone! They will love it.

LizzieJane said...

A finished quilt and some sunshine... what more could a gal want.
Great job Hetty!
Have a wonderful weekend.
x

em's scrapbag said...

Your quilt is great. I'm sure it will be loved and appreciated.

Wacky Woman said...

What a great quilt. Definitely will be loved and appreciated.

Unknown said...

The quilt looks terrific. I'm sure that whoever receives it will be very happy.