Saturday, October 19, 2013

Kaffe Fassett Inspired

My latest charity quilt is finally a flimsy inspired by Kaffe Fassett.  Most of these fabrics are mine, but I was able to pick up a few more yesterday when I attended our Quilts from the Heart group at a local senior's residence.  We cut 2.5 and 3 inch squares (at least that's what I did) from scraps in order to make some Autumn Dance quilts for Quilts of Valour.  I asked if I could have a few scraps of the reds and I was granted my wish.  So this morning I turned those scraps and others into this flimsy.  I hope to sandwich and quilt it this weekend, so it will be ready for guild night.

This pattern is from Kaffe Fassett's book, 'Country Garden Quilts'.  I made a few blocks using Kaffe's fabrics and they turned out beautifully.  I will continue to work on them until I have another flimsy.  But now I am off to do some grocery shopping.  




4 comments:

Dolores said...

It looks really good.

Debra Anger said...

Awesome job Hetty and you got it done so quickly!! with the reds and greens it is very Christmasssy. When you said you like the pattern I didn't expect the quilt done already.

Wacky Woman said...

Oh wow, you are quick! Nice flimsy!

em's scrapbag said...

Good Job it is lovely.