Friday, January 31, 2014

A Start and a Finish


Gung Hei Fat Choy!

First I want to wish everyone who is celebrating the Chinese New Year a wonderfully prosperous and healthy year of the horse!  That's the start I am talking about.

And now for the finish.  It's not a complete finish, but it is a flimsy finish.  I finally got the hexie flower basket quilt top done.  A couple of days ago I was approached by my guild to see if I would do a hexagon demonstration at our February Guild meeting.  I said that I would be delighted.  That gave me the incentive to finish this quilt top.  

Sorry for the 'crazy' photo.  I didn't have anyone here to hold it up for me.  But that's okay, I am doing a lot of things alone these days. Yesterday I took Felix to the vet so they could do some kind of diabetic curve on him.  They gave him a dose of insulin and then monitored his blood on an hourly basis to find his glycemic levels.  When I picked him up last night they taught me how to give him his insulin and how to check his blood.  This morning I gave him his insulin shot all by myself.  I was very nervous and didn't think I could do it, but he was no problem.  I offered him a couple of treats and he sat nice and still for me.  I don't think he ever even noticed that I put a needle in the scruff of his neck.

I am linking up with Crazy Mom Quilts and Hexie Friday today.

Happy Sewing!



15 comments:

Terry said...

Congratulations! It's beautiful! :0)

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

It's gorgeous!

Lorna McMahon said...

Wow! This is one stunning beauty! I love it! What a lot of hours. You have every right to be proud. Happy Friday!

amyrdh said...

That's just beautiful! I am interested to see how you will quilt and bind it.

em's scrapbag said...

Stunning! You've done a wonderful job!

Exuberant Color said...

The quilt is beautiful. I'm glad you had the incentive to get it done to show at the demo.

Grit said...

Simply wonderful and awesome design. Wonderful work , Hetty.

Wacky Woman said...

Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous! Sorry to hear about Felix. I know what you are going through.

I almost hate to ask about Mimi.

Karen H said...

Hi Hetty - I am a fellow hexieaholic also in the Big Smoke! Your quilt is beautiful; congratulations on a fine finish! Will you quilt by hand?

Anonymous said...

Hetty you and Karen need to get together, we need to pick a day you should see karens quilts!!
Yours is gorgeous and so glad you got the incentive to finish it! awesome work you do, I am very excited about your demo.
I am sure kitty knows you are a gentle mommy and only doing him good.

Manuela said...

Hello Hetty,

Congratulation.
Your Hexiebasketquilt looks so amazing. It's a wonderful finish.

Greetings, Manuela

Monica said...

Great work, Hetty! It's been a long process, but well worth it in the end. :)

dutchcomfort said...

Congrats on a lovely flimsy finish!!

How are Felix and Mimi doing now?

Barb said...

OHHHHH mYYYYY GOSH...that is soooooooooooooooooo amazing!!!!

A Nudge said...

What a wonderful hexie quilt! It looks so fresh and colorful. Hope you link again to Hexie Weekend and let us know how the demo went and any tips you shared.