Friday, June 05, 2015

Flowers on Friday

I love red flowers.  One of my favourite is blooming right now.  It's a poppy and it has been in my garden for a long time - probably 25 years.  I love this bright red colour!


And here is my red hexie quilt.  There are over 1,000 hexies in this top so far.  I still a long way to go on this one, but I have lots of time in the evenings to work on it.  I love red.  Oh, I said that already,.


So here is another red flower.  It's a Martha Washington Geranium - Pelargonium domesticum. I have also heard it called a Regal Geranium.  The little white flowers are Euphorbia.


We are supposed to get some rain today.  That will be nice.  My flowers will be singing.  
Have a great weekend, everybody!

5 comments:

dutchcomfort said...

A beautiful poppy and an amazing hexagon quilt top! Such happy pictures!

Wacky Woman said...

I love your red flowers and red quilt!

inese said...

Love your red quilt (and flowers). You have inspired me to start my own red hexagon quilt. I have seen many hexie quilts on the interwebs, but none really appealed to me until I saw yours. Hope you don't mind me copying yours.

KaHolly said...

Perfect post! The flower photos really go well with your red hexie quilt. I've abandoned my hexies for quite some time. Seeing your beautiful QIP has inspired me to dig them out!

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

Your flower quilt is absolutely stunning!