Saturday, August 26, 2017

Kaffe Fasset Hearts

I was getting kind of bored doing the little white hexies for my colouful hexie project that I showed you a while ago.  So I decided to switch  to Kaffe Fasset fabrics, just to keep things interesting.  I am doing hand appliqued hearts and machine sewn nine patches.  I found some light yellows in my stash, so I am using that.


This project is going to take me a long time.  But that's okay.  I am in no hurry.  I love hand applique and my machine is giving me woes.  It keeps jamming up and stopping on me.  And also, the light doesn't work any more.  I may have to buy a new machine before too long.  Anyone got any ideas as to what I should get?

6 comments:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

Babylock machines are very reliable and their company is very good too. I hope you have a dealer near you so you can check one out.

Dolores said...

I may be in the market for a new machine myself so I will be interested in what people recommend. I was thinking Janome.

dutchcomfort said...

Lovely hearts and nine patches! I bought myself a new Janome, the Horizon 9400 and I’m smitten! I’ve had a lot of issues with the 8900 and traded it in back in January. The 9400 has extra light and some other wonderful extra’s. I hope you are able to have a test drive in a sewing machine shop. That’s always the best way to see if you and the sewing machine will be best mates!
I should never have traded in my Janome 6600, which was a working horse. They are in re-production and a lot cheaper than the 9400.
In Holland it’s all about Bernina, if you don’t have one, you’re not a serious quilter. I think they are way too expensive and over appreciated, but that’s my humble opinion ;-)

Jannette said...

I had a Janome for 16 years - it just died on me in June. I loved the special quilting "goodies" that were part of the package that I got. I believe that Janome makes the Kenmore machines that Sears sell...

KaHolly said...

Oh, won't it be beautiful?! I'm still piecing with my 1974 Kenmore, but I have a Janome and just love it, too!

Barb said...

this will just be fabulous when you get it done...doesn't matter how long it takes it is the joy of the journey