Tuesday, August 15, 2017

Some Baking

I planted some zucchini plants this spring.  They are producing well.  I also planted a striped variety.  It grew under the others and one of the zucchinis was missed.  It just grew and grew until I got this:


It's huge.  I don't know what I am going to do with it.  I did have some smaller ones that are delicious in salads and as vegetables.  They also bake into delicious cakes and loaves.  Here is a zucchini loaf I baked yesterday.  I usually put nuts or raisins into the mix.  But this time I used mini chocolate chips.  We'll have to see if it is as good as the others,


Then, because the kitchen was only about a 100 degrees, (LOL) I baked a lemon pound cake.  Also haven't tasted this one yet, but it smells heavenly.


Today I am going back to my sewing.

2 comments:

Dolores said...

I put chocolate chips in my banana bread if I know I'm going to give it to my youngest son. Otherwise I will put in raisins and sunflower seeds. Your zucchini bread looks delicious. I should have planted something this past spring but time just got away from me. Must have been busy with those two little granddaughters that were born in May.

KaHolly said...

Yummmmm, zucchini bread! I love it, and it freezes well.