Monday, November 03, 2008

A Seahorse Out of Water!


Last Friday, Opal had a couple of adorable little Amigurumi Seahorses on her blog. I couldn't resist! They were calling to me to make one of my own. I went to the pattern which she mentioned, but I soon realized that the pattern was for sale - for a lot more than I can afford to pay. So I sort of crocheted a little seahorse of my own without a pattern. I just made it up as I went along and I don't remember exactly what I did. So, sorry, I can't give you the instructions. I don't think that I will ever make another one exactly like it. He's a one-of-a-kind Amigurumi!
He is 'swimming' on the new fabric I bought last week. It sort of looks like the deep blue sea, doesn't it? I was going to use it for the back of my Disappearing Nine Patch quilt, but I think I will just use some for a border on the quilt top and save the rest for another day. Look, here he is, swimming right towards you! I think I will call him Seabiscuit.
Yes, Seabiscuit it is. He seems to be smiling. I think he likes his new name.

8 comments:

Winny said...

I just love seabiscuit. The eyes seem to be looking right at you.

Catherine said...

Seabiscuit is adorable! Love him!

nicolette said...

You’re so clever! Love Seabiscuit!

Karen Dianne Lee said...

OMG too cute!!! Oh my how I love Seabiscuit. What a happy little seabiscuit. Makes my day.

Exuberant Color said...

Unique and one of a kind. He's cute.

Opal said...

He is soo cute!! You did a fantastic job!

the dutch purple rabbit said...

it's very lovely.
it's like my rabit i also can't gif a working proces because my hands tell me wath to do.

ohja could you be so kind to mail me you're adres. so I can put you in my x-mas list.

nynke
konijn82@yahoo.com

Rank said...

That seabiscuit certainly is loved by the crochetery community.
But I love the Amigurumi too!