Saturday, March 23, 2013

A Finish and Earth Hour

I finished my first quilt for this year.  There should be more to follow.  My sewing machine seems to be fixed, because I had no trouble quilting this one.  It's a small charity quilt for Quilts from the Heart and it will likely go to a women's shelter.

Just a reminder.  Are you joining in on Earth Hour this evening?  Turn your electrical gadgets off at 8:30pm (Daylight Savings Time) for one hour until 9:30pm.  Light some candles, chat with friends and family and enjoy the peacefulness of an hour without electricity.

We had a bit of a head start on Earth Hour last night.  The power snapped and crackled and I heard an explosion not far away.  Then our power went out.  It was about a quarter to six and I was busy preparing dinner.  Needless to say, dinner did not get cooked.  So we went out to Swiss Chalet.  We'll eat last night's dinner tonight.

Happy Earth Hour!  


em's scrapbag said...

Lovely charity quilt.
Glad you have power today.

Wacky Woman said...

Oh I forgot about Earth Hour while in Florida. Darn it. I had remembered before I left. Sadly, no news about it around there.