Friday, October 24, 2014

Creativ Festival

The weather was perfect today, so I decided to attend the Creativ Festival.  It was an adventure.  First a trip to the GO station on my scooter.  Then a trip by GO train to downtown Toronto.  Then a short ride to the Convention Centre.



It was busy.  But soooo nice to get out for the day.  There were lots of exhibits of all kinds of crafts.  . Red Heart yarns had a wonderful jungle themed display.  Everything had been crocheted by volunteers, so there were no patterns.  Here is a bird that looked right at me!


October 24, 2014

I am going to have to look some of these up on Ravelry. 

I met many quilting friends from our guild.  I talked to other quilters about their favourite techniques. I bought a few pieces of Kaffe Fasset fabrics.  I had some lunch and afterwards made the trip back home.  Everyone at the GO station was very helpful, guiding me to the right platform to catch my train home.  Being downtown was kind of exciting.  Lots of construction going on.  Toronto seems to be growing day by day.


Sorry this photo is sort of blurry.  I took it through the glass of the Skywalk.

I can't wait until next year's Festival.



3 comments:

Wacky Woman said...

Well,that was quite an experience for you. Glad you had a good time.

Dolores said...

It's nice that you got out. It was a good day for an adventure. I may go to the one in the spring.

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

What a fun day. The bird is way too cute!