Thursday, May 21, 2015

Baby Bibs

I've been away for a while.  Haven\t done much sewing.  But the garden is planted, just in time for some frost on Friday night.  I will have to cover everything with plastic sheeting.

Yesterday I made 8 bibs.  My DD wanted me to make some more because she likes them better than the store-bought ones.  So I got out my larger scraps and made these.


The Batman and jungle ones are my favourite.  I wonder which ones William will like.

Now back to the garden.  I have to get everything ready for the cold night.  This is so annoying.  It is supposed to be spring!  What is Mother Nature up to?




4 comments:

Turid said...

Sweet bibs you've made. The nature is up to about the same here. We're still waiting for spring to come.

Dolores said...

Well, that must have kept you busy for a while. Going through the stash, cutting and cutting some more and sewing and sewing. Well done. I should make the twins some but I was thinking of backing them with terrycloth. Did you put anything in the middle? I found that even putting flannel in between gave them more body. Did you use a snap or velcro?

The Calico Cat said...

Not sure your sewing skill set, but as the parent that had to put a bib on a toddler, I really liked the kind that had a ribbed neck (kind of like a t-shirt) mine was purchased as a blank on which you can do cross stitch, but I think it could be made by an accomplished sewer...

I liked the pull on - instead of trying to get the snap snapped.

& FWIW The cat one is the best one!

Wacky Woman said...

So, sew sweet!