Wednesday, May 27, 2015

More Hexie Flowers and a Nomination

I made a few more hexie flowers for my red hexie quilt.  These have been slow going.  I have not had much time to sew, either by hand or by machine.  So much work to do in the garden.  And I am not finished yet.


I have had to start making duplicates of the fabrics.  But that is okay.  I will place them far apart on the quilt and no one will ever know.

Emily from Em's Scrapbag nominated me for a blogging award.  Thank you Em.  I am supposed to tell you 7 things about myself.  But I am sure you already know what I am all about.

1. I love scraps.
2. I love hexies.
3. I have been suffering from broken sewing machine syndrome.  What a drag!  But everything seems to be working now.
4. I love flowers, and I love to garden and grow some of my own vegetables.  In the summer I have very little time for quilting.
5. I used to work for the school board.  The kids in my class all had multiple disabilities.  I am retired now, but I often see a former student and they always recognize me.  I love that.
6. I recently became a grandmother for the first time.  My daughter gave birth to a beautiful baby boy.  He is the highlight of my life!
7. And best of all, he is coming over for a visit any minute.  I am really looking forward to that!

And now I am supposed to nominate as many bloggers as I like.  There are so many of them.  I love them all.  But many people don't like receiving awards.  So I will leave it up to my readers. Nominate yourselves if you would like to.

I am now going to tidy up my house in anticipation of William.  He is crawling all over the place now.  And he loves to pull himself up on everything he sees.  So I have to make sure he will be safe.



This photo was taken on a very cold morning last weekend.  We actually had night frost and all of our vegetables had to be covered for the night so they wouldn't freeze.  All survived.  And the rest of the day was full of sunshine.

Thanks again Em.  I love your blog too!


6 comments:

Turid said...

Ha, ha, think I knew most of this before. We are hexie sisters, I think. So good to see your beautiful little helper.

em's scrapbag said...

Your grandbaby is darling. Love your hexies and your blog.

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

Such a sweet little boy!

Simone de Klerk said...

Fun read!

Wacky Woman said...

Enjoy your summer adventures! Happy to see William! More pictures of him please!

KaHolly said...

Enjoyed this post and learning a little more about you.