Thursday, July 26, 2018

A New Weather Hexie Project

I decided to end my weather hexies which I had started at the beginning of the year.  I wanted to add the overnight low temps to my quilt.  So I designed this layout.  Each daytime high is going to be a elongated hexie.  Then the overnight low will be the regular hexie to the right of the daytime one.  I was sewing up a storm until we hit the really high, humid days.  I couldn't keep up with the temps.  .  I am hoping that they will soon become available once again.. Or that I can find them somewhere else.  Right now my quilt has a hole in it.


Instead of appliqueing the rosettes to a background fabric like I did before.  I decided to outline each week with light colourd hexies.  I started with the first day of summer - June 21, 2008.  That is the first block you see.  I just finished week 5.  I'll post more about these blocks later.  I am very busy right now, hosting a Japanese teacher for a couple of weeks.  I'll be back soon.

I was going to link up with Sarah, but her site wants me to accept her privacy policy and I can't figure out how to do that.  



4 comments:

em's scrapbag said...

Fun way to do your weather quilt. Enjoy your Japanese visitor.

KaHolly said...

Clever idea for your hexies. Have fun with your visitor!

Vireya said...

I like how you have incorporated the overnight lows. Not that they look very low so far!

Barb said...

Oh my gosh, that is so fun and clever.