Thursday, July 19, 2018

Scraps

I started a new quilt.  I know!  I know!  I said I wouldn't do that.  But a couple of days ago, while cleaning up, I noticed a big bin full of strips.  So I decided to sew them together to make a strip quilt.  I am using all kinds of strips.  All sizes and colors.  Only a couple of days and I already have this much done.


27 blocks completed and several more started.   I am foundation piecing them on old magazine paper.  The blocks are about 7 inches and I thought 6 of them would make a quilt about 42 inches wide.  This should take a normal piece of backing fabric 42 inches wide.  But that might all change.  Who knows.

I have cute little gold finches in my yard.  They come early in the morning.  Usually there are 3 or more on the feeder.  This picture shows only 1, but there was another one on the back.



My day lilies are in bloom and so is my Verbena.  I love the colours these come in.


Dark purple ones.


And some pretty pink ones. 

I am also going to go back to work on my weather hexies.  As soon as I can figure out what the temperatures were last week that is.  I am not giving up.

4 comments:

Vireya said...

Your scrappy strips look fantastic together.

Nice to see the bird and your pretty flowers. What do you put in the feeder for the gold finches? Some sort of seed, I presume?

Barb said...

Before I even came to your blog I said to myself, I need to do something with my scraps...I totally love what you have done...and as always, I enjoy your pictures.

Julierose said...

Gorgeous strip blocks--I usually piece mine on light weight muslin blocks so I don't have to put batting in--just backing; makes a really lightweight Summer quilt that way...I love strip piecing this should be lovely
As for not starting something new, well,,,, who of us can resist?? ;)) nice work hugs, Julierose

Linda @ kokaquilts said...

I love your bright & scrappy string blocks! I pieced mine onto very light fabric, but it still ended up feeling quite a 'heavy' quilt.