Friday, August 10, 2007

A Conversation With Mimi


Me - "Hi Mimi."

Mimi - "Meow! (Yawn!) You woke me up!"

Me - "I know. I know. I just wanted to tell you that I had a CAT scan done yesterday at the hospital."

Mimi - "A CAT scan? What is that? I'm a cat. I could have done it for you!"

Me - "It's not what you think it is, Mimi. But thanks for offering. It stands for Computed Axial Tomography - CAT or CT. With this test, hopefully the doctors will be able to find out what is wrong with my back and why me leg hurts so much."

Mimi - "Doctors, Shmoctors! Why do you waste your time with them? You would be better off licking whatever hurts. That's what I do and it works! What can a doctor do that is better than that? The art of medicine consists of amusing the patient while nature cures the disease."

Me - "Oh, Mimi! That's very Voltaire of you!"

Mimi - "Who?"

Me - "Voltaire - He was a French writer and philosopher in the early 1700's. He was very smart and witty! You just quoted him!"

Mimi - "Meow! I did? Oh! Smart and witty? A philosopher? Well I guess two great minds think alike! Now can I get back to my favourite spot in the solarium? You are cutting into my nap time, you know."

Me - "Okay, my sweet kitten. Nice talking to you. Happy dreams!"

No comments: