Friday, December 14, 2007

Let There Be Cherry Pie For Dessert!


I was up early this morning - with nothing to do! Imagine that! A bag of fresh cherries had been sitting in my fridge for over a week. Nobody wanted to eat them! I couldn't give these little suckers away! Even my kids didn't want to take them home with them. I guess they didn't want to deprive me of the sumptuousness of fresh cherries at this time of year! But these things needed to be eaten or they would only be good for the compost bin! So I decided to bake a cherry pie! I know, I know! A cherry pie at 4:00am? But that is the way I do things! Because the recipe called for 4 cups of pitted cherries and I only had enough for 3 cups, I decided to use some apples to make up the difference. It turned out fantastic!

4 comments:

Yummers! said...

This is a test as my first comment disappeared.

Yummers! said...

OK... now it's working!

Your pie looks and sounds wonderful!! I'd love a piece right warmed with icecream.

I was up almost that early... I needed to write today's blog post. But then I went back to bed.

Cut Santa on your table.

Joni

Oiyi said...

I love cherries! But I have never had cherry pie before. I am quite a night owl myself so I don't think it's strange for you to be baking at 4am. :-)

Opal said...

Oh it looks and sounds fabulous. I'm another night owl, but I usually end up knitting. I"m a disaster in the kitchen! :)