Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Socks and Cats

Felix: These are cool! Are they for me? Can I have them, please?

Me: No, Felix! I made these especially for me!
Felix: Awwww. Please, pretty please! Pretty please with catnip on it!
Me: I just finished them. They are from the monkey socks pattern. I made them a little wider because my feet are swollen at the moment. They wouldn't fit you, Felix! Sorry!
Felix: Darn!
Me: Darn them? No way! I haven't even worn them yet!!!
Felix: Oh, boy! Very funny! Everyone is a comedian!

The yarn is Regia, I think. I bought it such a long time ago, that I really can't remember. I bought it on sale - very cheap! I guess I got what I paid for because the colour of the dark brown changed to a light beige halfway through the first sock. It is really not that noticeable and since they are for me, I won't worry too much about it. I really liked the pattern though! Easy and just enough of a challenge to make them interesting! Now on to other projects. Still have lots of things to finish before Christmas.

Me: What do you think of the socks, Mimi?
Mimi: They won't fit me! If I can't eat them or sleep on them, I am not interested!

4 comments:

Rinie said...

You know, dear Mimi, if I ever find some little socks to fit your little feet I will get them for you for sure.

Opal said...

Lovely Monkeys! I'm so sorry to hear about your poor swollen feet. But I adore those pictures of Felix and Mimi! The one of Mimi is particularly striking. I wish Pressie would be more amenable to the camera.

Unknown said...

Hi there - thanks for popping over to my blog - love your Christmas Ripple Afghan btw and the cats are lovely

Rose Marie said...

Love those socks! I'm knitting up a pair now that has been on the go for a few months. Guess it's time to finish them and wear them while the weather is still cold.