Scroll down if you came to see Sky Watch Friday.
Last week LV of Thoughts From Meme's Corner awarded me the Kreativ Blogger Award. At first I thought I would pass on it, but as I was looking through an old photo album, I realized that I have led a very interesting life. So I downloaded some pics and wrote a few comments and then I hit the publish button. To my horror, Blogspot was not working. I got an error message and my entire post was gone! My thoughts went back to just passing on the award.
But now I think I will post a few of the photos and maybe do a few more tomorrow and/or the next day. That way if I lose it all again it won't be so much to redo.
The rules are simple.
1. Thank the person who nominated you for this award.
2. Copy the logo and put it on your blog.
3. Link back to the nominating person's blog.
4. List seven things about yourself that people may not know.
5. Nominate other Kreativ Bloggers by posting it on your blog, linking to them and leaving them a message.
1. This was the building where I got my first job. It is the old CIBC building at 25 King St.W. in Toronto. I worked for a very large legal firm there. I was a clerk, messenger, receptionist and whatever else they wanted me to be. I didn't love the job, but I loved the old building I worked in. It is still standing even though many other old buildings have been demolished to make way for huge glass and marble office towers. This building had high ceilings, marble inlaid mosaics on the floor, elevator operators and it was the highest building in downtown Toronto at the time. (1966) I eventually left this job and became a keypunch operator. It payed more and I was able to get a job closer to home. But I eventually gave that up too, to become a stay-at-home Mom.
2. Here is a photo of my two munchkins. This was taken when they were about 3 and 1. I stayed home and totally dedicated myself to raising them. Those were the best years of my life!
3. As a family we have always loved the nature and the outdoors. Camping was one of our favourite summer activities. When the kids were young we had a small trailer, but as they grew up, our favourite summer activity was camping in Algonquin Park. Not just ordinary camping, but wilderness camping. We would go from lake to lake, setting up our campsite and taking it down the following day. We portaged our belongings over rugged terrains, sometimes for a couple of hundred meters to over a kilometer.
All our food had to be hung high off the ground so that raccoons and bears would not get it. We enjoyed lots of fantastic scenery, the odd moose, many deer, beavers and chipmunks. We could even hear the howling of a lone wolf on clear cool nights. The stars up there were fantastic. We experienced many meteor showers and also the magnificent colours of the Aurora Borealis. I hoped to pass the love and respect for nature onto my children and I can honestly say that I achieved this.
Stay tuned. I'll do some more tomorrow.
And if you are interested in seeing my entry for this week's Scenic Sunday, go to my other blog, here.