Wednesday, November 18, 2009

A "Quilts From the Heart" Finish - Sort of....

I finished another charity quilt. It's a Disappearing Nine Patch... again. The woman who looks after our 'Quilts from the Heart' program called me to see if I wanted to do a DNP. "Why not?" I said. So she brought me a kit at our last Guild meeting. There was enough fabric to make two identical Disappearing Nine Patch lap-size quilts. I took the kit home, but I warned her that I may not get them both finished until after Christmas. She said that was fine. And I normally don't like to make two of anything. I'm a one-of-kind person, I guess. But I pieced the blocks, cut them apart and put them back together. So now I have two identical quilts.


One has been quilted, but the other one is still a nice place for Felix to relax on. I hope to get it quilted in the next day or so. Then I can finish some things for myself. Oh, and making two quilts the same was not as difficult as I had imagined.



7 comments:

Barb said...

It is so amazing how each one can look so differnt. Loved how this one turned out.

Ranke said...

With Felix, I like this quilt.
I am surprised. Am I getting hooked on blocks?

Pat said...

Our little neighborhood group is going to do a DNP table runner at our next get-together. DNP's are fun (and easy, too).

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I really like the stripe in there.

em's scrapbag said...

I love this quilt. Fun colors!

Vicki said...

Nice colour combination, and just looking at it I never would have thought it was a DNP. I don't know if it's the stripe in it, or just the colour combination but it looks very unique. I love it.

Jossie said...

Hi, I came here through Skywatch. I am a quilter too. Love your blog.
Jossie