Saturday, March 27, 2010

Earth Hour!

This evening we will celebrate Earth Hour. We will turn our lights off between the hour of 8:30pm and 9:30pm. I know this won't help much with the problem of climate change, but it just might help us all understand that we have to make changes if we want to leave this world fit to live in for our grandchildren.
I have been working on the 'Bear' quilt. The top is now done and I have to find something for the backing. I hope there is something in my stash. I really don't want to have to buy any more fabric. Show you more when I have it sandwiched and quilted.

I started working on the charity quilt for Quilts from the Heart. (Our Guild's initiative) They gave me a kit, but there was not enough fabric in it to finish the top. So I bought a couple of 1.25metres of fabric to sort of match. I am just doing 4in. squares. Hope to have it done by tonight - at least the top anyway.

We are going out for dinner this evening - early so as not to conflict with Earth Hour. My birthday is tomorrow, hence the dinner. The tulips at the top of this post were a present from my husband. Yellow tulips are my favourite!


9 comments:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

Happy birthday tomorrow! I hope it is a bright sunshiny day for you.

Kaye said...

Happy Birthday Hetty, have a wonderful day. Love the yellow tulps. Earth hour sounds like a wonderful thing. Imagine if we all did it once a week!!

The Calico Cat said...

Happy pre-Birthday! I'll have a slice on you! (My husband talked me into going out for pizza tonight.)

Barb said...

Happy Birthday!!! Hope you enjoyed your dinner!!

Pat said...

Happy Birthday....and, Kaye is right...it would be great if we all had an "earth hour" once a week. Our electric company has a "beat the peek" time on a regular basis where they ask people to turn most things off for those few hours. So I guess every little bit helps.

Rinie said...

I see you have the yellow tulips for your birthday
I hope you got my card with the yelling or should I say the singing cats?
Tante Rinie.

LizzieJane said...

Happy Birthday Hetty! I hope you have a fun day. Love those yellow tulips. Don't they just scream Spring!
x

Vicki said...

Happy Brithday Hetty,

I hope you had a wonderful dinner yesterday and that today you were able to do what ever you wanted for your sepcial day. The yellow tulips look so nice and cheerful. Have a great week.

em's scrapbag said...

Happy Birthday! I love the circle fabric in your charity quilt.