I haven't done a lot of sewing this week. On Sunday I quilted my entry for our Guild's Challenge. And on Monday I attached the binding. It had to be done for Monday evening when we had our Guild meeting. I got it done, but I totally forgot to take a photo of it before I handed it in, so you will have to wait until I get it back.
Yesterday I worked on my UFO for March.
I also made a block for our Block of the Month club at the Guild. It was a quick and easy one. I'm sure you recognize it. It's called Dutchman's Puzzle. This was the February block, which was to be handed in at the March meeting, therefore it was to be done in greens. Since I was not able to attend the February meeting, (and a lot of others weren't either due to the snow storm we had that evening) I can still do it and hand it in at the April meeting.
In the past blocks that were done for Block of the Month were raffled off when they were returned at our meetings. But this year the executive decided to do things a little differently. All of the blocks are collected and made into charity quilts. Anyone who hands in a block gets a change to be in a raffle. The prize is a packet of fat quarters. I love this idea.
The next block is the Block of the Month for March. It's called Jack-in-the-Pulpit. We could do it in a colour of our own choosing. I immediately thought of browns and deep purples and burgundy. But these were the fabrics I had sitting out on my cutting table, so I used them. I did not like this block. The inside section was a cinch - just a simple Puss in the Corner. But I had a lot of problems with the outside. I hate attaching a bias edge to a straight edge. Also, the exact sizes weren't given for each unit. But after some calculations and a drawing on my graph paper, I was able to put it together. It is supposed to be a 12in. finished block and mine measures exactly 12.5in unfinished. Hurray!!!