Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Colour in My Garden

I have been a bit absent last week.  I had a strange summer cold.  Nothing to really complain about, but I was listless and tired and didn't have the energy to even read blogs.  I didn't get much sewing done either.  But I did manage to put my strippy quilt together.  I just have an outer border to still sew on.  The reason I haven't done that yet is because I want to make the border as wide as possible without running out of fabric.   That will take some brain power.  I seem to be a bit low on that at the moment.  I bought that navy fabric at the store that went out of business, so there is no more of it.


I have been sitting in my garden a lot this past week, mostly reading or drinking tea or cold drinks.  There is a lot of colour out there right now.  I will feature the yellows today.  They look so hot and summery.  We are in the middle of a heatwave.  This is the earliest we have had one in many years.  A heatwave is at least three days of above 32C weather.  And I think the overnight low has to be at least 20C too.  The humidex makes it feel even hotter - more like 40C.  So needless to say, it is hot, hot, hot!  We are also supposed to get some pop up thunder showers this afternoon.  I hope they hold off.  I have been invited to a volunteer tea at my DD's school.  I will have to ride my scooter over there.  I am praying for no rain!

Here are my yellow flowers.

Evening Primrose

Yellow Lilies

Tuberous Begonias


9 comments:

Simone de Klerk said...

Oh Hetty, your strippy quilt looks so pretty so far! Good luck with the brain work.
All those yellow flowers: beautiful.
I do hope the rain waited until you were safely back home!
Your night temperatures are our day's.

Barb said...

What a beautiful garden, I think if I had a garden like that I would sit out drinking cold drinks...love the quilt!

Pat said...

Your quilt is beautiful and so are your flowers. I hope the rain holds off for you to get to the school this afternoon on your scooter.

Wacky Woman said...

Gorgeous! Both quilt and garden!

Terry said...

Love the quilt! And your yellow lilies are beautiful! :0)

Vicki said...

Love your strippy quilt. By any chance do you have instructions for it? Your garden looks amazing and hopefully it will survive this heat wave. Stay cool.

Anonymous said...

The yellow flowers look fantastic as all your other flowers.
Makke

Rose Marie said...

Oh, your strippy quilt looks wonderful and so do your flowers!

em's scrapbag said...

Hope your feeling better. I absolutely love your stripy quilt!!!!!