Wednesday, June 06, 2012

A Post by Mimi

Meow!  I just got to tell you about this cat!  Hi everybody.  A few days ago I woke up and picked up some strange smells in our garden.  It was a cat, sitting very still.  I almost didn't see him, but there he was.  Meow!  Sitting on our bird bath.  I started pacing around and making crazy cat sounds that alerted my owner.  She saw him too.  She grabbed her camera and took a picture.  I told her to take it through the window because I thought he would be frightened off if she opened the back door.  The picture is not very clear, but you get the idea.

He jumped down when my owner went outside.  He didn't catch a bird, which is a good thing, because I am not allowed to do that and he shouldn't be either.

I am always on the look out now for stray cats and other strangers in my yard.  It's a big job and sometimes I have to pretend to be napping when really I am watching everything.   Like in this picture.  I am playing hide and seek.  Do you like my owner's quilt?  She has been busy for over a week now, sewing and cutting and ironing and sewing some more.  I think it will be done soon, but I hope not.  I like napping on the pieces.  Meow!  Bye for now.  Love, Mimi




9 comments:

Michele T said...

I had to laugh when I read your post title - hehehe
Your Mimi is very sweet!!

Wacky Woman said...

Oh golly Mimi, that kitty is a darling looking kitty. Perhaps a friend? My girls don't much cotton to visiting fur babies. Especially the squirrels.

Mary K said...

Mimi, you are so smart and such a good guard kitty. Your owner should be very proud.

Pat said...

Good job at keeping an eye on things, Mimi...even when you are pretending to sleep and it looks like you are hiding your eyes!

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

Mimi, you are so cute playing hide and seek!

dutchcomfort said...

Oh Mimi, I have a black and white female cat sitting on my garden table next to the bird bath all the time! I know how you feel! She’s living at our neighbour’s house and I think she is very cute, but she‘s jealous of my garden. She only has a terrace, the poor thing!

Midas

Jossie said...

Mimi how good to keep an eye on the garden. Naughty things could happen there. The fellow kitty looks nice but you can never tell what is going on in a cat's mind. Great picture of you playing hide and seek. With whom by the way?

Anonymous said...

Hi Mimi,
What a great writer you are and what a lovely story
We also have strange cats in the garden. One is a calico, the other a gray. They walk together around the house and my five cats are then running from one room to the next room competing to get there first so they can follow those cats through the windows on their trip around the house.
I and my cats are very glad you are feeling better and guarding your garden. They also love the beautiful quilt from where you are playing hide and seek.
Thank you for writing to all of us.
Love, Boomerang, Gabriella, Poes One, Pretzel, Brat and
Makke.

Simone de Klerk said...

Good for you, Mimi! You're so sweet, playing hide and seek. I bet you, your owner wasn't able to find you.