Friday, November 03, 2017

...........3rd Day Continued

Just a bit of creativity to show you.  I have been working on a prayer shawl for the last few days.  This one is kind of fun.  It uses up all kinds of leftover bits of yarn.   Several of us at the Tuesday morning group are  making them.  Here is the photo I wasn't able to download this morning.


These odd balls of yarn have been in my yarn stash for a long time.  See that ball of Baycrest yarn?  It is probably over 30 years old.  Baycrest stopped selling this yarn, but when they did, they would have it on sale for 68 cents a ball.

This afternoon I went to the zoo.  Wheeltrans picked me up at 11:30 and dropped me off at the zoo before noon.  Today was National Sandwich Day.  Did you know that?  My DD went to Subway and bought some subs at a two for one special.  She brought them with her to the zoo.  It was a delicious treat.  William had a turkey sub with cucumbers and lettuce, but no mayo or any other sauce.  He claimed it to be very yummy!

We spent the afternoon at the zoo.  It was cold today.  But fun.  We are members of the zoo so we can go any time.  William's favourites are the birds, fish, butterflies, frogs and other reptiles.  He also has a special place in his heart for the giraffes.

1 comment:

KaHolly said...

Nothing beats a day at the zoo! Giraffes are my favorite zoo animal!