Monday, May 07, 2007

Pink Hearts and Yellow Stars




We finally have nice, warm, spring-like weather. The forsythia are in bloom. Their bright yellow blooms are a nice change from the dreary grays of winter. I took this photo from my neighbour's yard. He is holding the quilt up for me. Thanks Micheal!

I started this baby quilt last summer. The hearts and stars are appliqued by hand. I love doing hand applique! But I think I have said that before! I also like simple piecing. So I designed this quilt using those two techniques. It is very simply machine quilted with stitch-in-the-ditch, outline quilting and a few extra lines of stitching to hold the whole thing together. This quilt is definitely a girl quilt, although I have no idea for whom I was making it. When I found it in my UFO basket, I decided to finish it and hoped that I would remember who the precious baby girl was supposed to have been. Perhaps I was just making it for the fun of designing and using some fantastic fabrics. Don't you just love the colours? They are so pretty and soft.

Do you have anything to say about it Mimi?

************************************************************************************

Quilt, meow, what quilt? Oh, not now. Please! Can't you see that I am taking a nap in the sunshine. Meow! I'll get back to you later.

No comments: