Monday, November 05, 2007

Completed Socks!



Sitting, as I have been, in my recliner for the past five days, has given me lots of time to knit! I finished this pair of socks using some discontinued Bernat Sox yarn. At least I think it is discontinued! Too bad, because I really enjoyed working with it! It's a very thin fingering yarn - 60% acrylic and 40% nylon. I bought it on sale last year. This pair of socks cost me less than $4 to make! The colour is called 'hot tamale'. The pattern I used was 'lace panel socks' from the Patons book, "Pull Up Your Socks". These will keep my feet warm this winter! I have two more balls of this same yarn in a darker, purple colour, so I may just have to make another pair!

3 comments:

A Bit of the Blarney said...

Like the pattern. Do you share patterns? Haven't made a pair of socks in years...They are really pretty and should keep you "toasty warm."

hetty said...

Hi grandmak!
Glad you like the socks. It would be unethical for me to share copyrighted patterns on my blog. Son't want any trouble! But I can redirect you to a couple of free pattern websites. Perhaps you know of them already. They are the Pattern Central ones.

www.knittingpatterncentral.com
www.crochetpatterncentral.com

These are fantastic! Click on the Free Pattern Directory and that will take you to everything you have ever wanted to make!

A Bit of the Blarney said...

Hadn't see this...Lots of fun available!! Thanx! Found a great pair of mittens I'd like to make...