Friday, February 06, 2009

Pssst! Keep an Eye Out for the Quilt Police!

I am about to reveal my latest Block Party block. This one is called "Patch as Patch Can". Well, maybe Patch can do this one, but I had a lot of trouble. After I had sewn the first quarter together, it didn't look at all like it was supposed to. I had the pieces all going the wrong way. I had to frog everything and start over. I laid the pieces out exactly as they were to go together and than it went a little better. My points are not the greatest, but if the quilt police doesn't see it, I think everything will be okay.
I have this theory about brain use. I think it is important to keep using that most important part of our neurological system. Things like playing bridge, doing math problems and crossword puzzles, and thinking about complicated patterns are good ways to keep the brain in top shape and maybe warding off the ravages of age-related ailments such as Alzheimer's and Dementia. This block is a perfect example. I think a block like this per day will keep Alzheimer's at bay! I'm just saying. Sorry, I have no research to back this up.

5 comments:

Donna said...

Looks fantastic! Seeing yours is giving me hope that when I get to the sewing room I'll be able to manage it too....

the dutch purple rabbit said...

i love this blog and special the collers you used.

nynke

Eileen said...

That is a very complicated block, and you made it to perfection! Well at least it looks that way from here. :-)
I love your theory about the puzzles.. I hope you are right!

Unknown said...

I think there are many many people out there that would be able to back up your 'keeping your brain active' theory. I think your block looks perfect ;-)

Unknown said...

Your block looks very sharp, and you are right about puzzles and math, they do keep your brain in tip top shape.