Saturday, June 27, 2009

Magna Cum Laude - With Great Praise!

I am a proud Mom today. That is not to say that I am not proud of my children every day, but today my DS graduated from York University. I always knew he could do it! He received an Honours Bachelor of Science degree in Mathematics. He was the only one receiving that degree out of hundreds of other graduates! And he did it Magna Cum Laude!
I took this photo of the huge screen that was hanging in front of me. It was impossible to get any closer in my wheelchair. Those things that seem to be sticking out of his head...well they're microphones on the stage. I couldn't do anything about them. They make him look like an alien or something. All I can say is, "The Mathman has landed!"

Oh! Yes! I am a proud Mom! But I think I said that already!

18 comments:

Jane's Fabrics and Quilts said...

Oh boy you proud Mama, congratulations to you , or yes to your son too!!

Librarynan said...

Glad they had the "Jumbo-Tron" for you, Hetty! Maybe Maths graduates are the new sports stars? Congrats to DS.

Barb said...

And you should be proud!!!! Great going....

the dutch purple rabbit said...

how did he look in his suite?
cum laude is amazing special in maths. No wonder you're proud.

nynke

Pat said...

What great news you had to share with us today!!! You have every right to be proud!

Keiko said...

Congratulations both to John and
Hetty!!

Vicki said...

Congratulations to you and your son. What a very special honor indeed. Is he planning a Masters degree given his ability at the undergraduate level?

Reddirt Woman said...

I know you had to be bustin' your buttons. How wonderful. I do good to add, but I find a mathematician's mind is intriguing.
Is he going to go on for his master's or has he thought that far yet?

Well, you give that DS a big hug and tell him he made his mama's friends right proud, too. Now it's your turn to do the happy dance!

Helen

Chris Daly said...

Well done Mama!!! Congratulations to DS!

Winny said...

Best news ever. He really looks good even if he has things sticking out of his head. He is very clever and you are right to be proud since he is a part of you. Congratulations to the two of you.

Sherri said...

Congratulations...that is no small accomplishment! You must be beaming still!

em's scrapbag said...

You should be proud. That is awesome!

*karendianne. said...

Hetty, did you have to give me the "Mathman" or something. That's hilarious. I was all ready for a good comment, too. Something that would add up to the great pride you must be feeling, sum it up and all that. But you left me in a lurch with that dern "Mathman" and I've yet to recover.

*karendianne. said...

Keep it Simple Stupid.

Congratulations.

Rinie said...

Congratulations to the creators of this genius and to the genius himself.
I am very proud of him too.

Oiyi said...

Congratulations to your DS! You must have been beaming with pride and joy. I know I would.

z2ara said...

congretulations with your son, this is very special,
greetings from Lia in Nederland

dutchcomfort said...

Congratulations Proud Mama and Son!!