Here is a close-up of one of the butterflies. I used an old piece of Heat and Bond to applique the butterflies onto the background. It was a heavy weight bond, so it was difficult to do a zigzag stitch around each butterfly. My needle kept getting gummed up and I broke a few. I will definitely not use that stuff in the future!
I had some of the front fabric left over, so I put it on the back. This will go to our Guild in the fall. Hopefully someone with a sense of humour and colour blindness will enjoy it.
It has been raining all day today. My peonies were heavy with raindrops. Nasty weather! The beautiful blooms were flat on the ground. I waited all year for these things to open up and bloom and then the rain came and just knocked them over. Can't have that! I went out and cut them and brought them inside. Now their heady perfume is almost making me nauseous! But I'm tough, I can handle it!