Sunday, July 05, 2009

Windmill 2

I just finished this week's Party Block. This is week 27. Over half the year is over! I can't believe it! This one is called Windmill 2. Having been born in Holland, I kind of like the name of this block. But that is about all. It's a small block, only 8 inches square. Almost every piece of fabric in this block had a bias edge. My points didn't line up and there was nothing I could do about it. But it's finished! That's all I can say.

Even my furry critters didn't want to sit on this one! Sorry Karen!

4 comments:

Pat said...

I think it looks pretty and.....who cares about a few points here and there? I know I don't...only got crazy about that when I was FIRST quilting. Now I'm pretty flexible about that type of thing!

Reddirt Woman said...

Do you think your kitties picked up on your stress with the points not lining up?

I personally think it is a pretty block, points a bit off not withstanding.

Helen

Barb said...

Look good to me!!

*karendianne. said...

Oh bless your heart. I feel like I'm reading my own words and pulling out my own critical eye when I look at my own work.

But as a person that's looking at your lovely block, that's not AT ALL what I see. I see the fabrics and the windmill and it pops!

I don't really like being told I'm being too picky & hard on myself so I wont tell you that but since the words are written maybe you can pretend you overheard a conversation at my house.

I'm sure Mimi would have been glad to come out and say a word. But I understand. Being as I have a the similar Rigid Critic.

All that said my friend, I do understand. I just happen to like the block and again, I didn't see what you did.