I've had a busy start to my week. No time for blogging or reading comments. On Monday evening we had our first guild meeting for this year. It was nice to see everyone again. We had a guest speaker, Renske Helmuth. She is a fibre artist and appliquer. I loved all of her quilts! She had some real beauties to show us. On Tuesday she held a workshop for members of our guild to do some wired-ribbon flowers. I had never done those so I signed up for it. It was a fun day. We met at 43 Police Division. They have a huge room with the most comfortable chairs I have ever sat in. The room is surrounded by windows. Too bad it rained yesterday, because I think that room must be fantastic on a sunny day. The only drawback was the airconditioning. They still had it turned up full blast. We almost froze and complained but were told that they couldn't do a thing about it. Apparently the temperature is regulated by their head office downtown. Grrrrr. Tax payers' money! But I won't start on that! Here is what I got done.
The sunflower is not sewn yet, which is a good thing. Now that I see it in a photo, I realize that the flower is not centred. I also didn't get the top leaf appliqued yet. There will be one more flower and a bud to make out of the wired ribbon. The centres of the flowers will be done with seed beads. I hope to get this project done before the end of October so that I can bring it to the next guild meeting for Show and Tell.
I wish I had some hexie flowers to show you, but I only got a lot of green pieces done for the red hexagon quilt. I have 49 completed flowers for that quilt - to date.
I saw a beautiful hexagon quilt on a website and thought I would try making something like that. I had some hexagon pieces that I couldn't use for the red quilt. So I made a few more and put them together based on the beautiful quilt I found on that website. I am aiming for a quilt, but it may just become a wall hanging. This is what I have done so far. Some parts have not been sewn together yet.