Sunday, September 12, 2010

A Walk Along the Bluffs of Lake Ontario

My DD picked me up yesterday and took me to Rotary Park in Ajax, just east of Toronto. The park has a paved path along the top of the bluffs. People are encouraged to walk, bike, skate or jog with a view of Lake Ontario all the way. I walked a little and got pushed in my wheelchair for part of the way.

It was a beautiful day. The temperature was around 21C and there was a sort of hazy sunshine. There were Monarch butterflies all over the Milkweed and Yellow Goldenrod plants. Canada Geese honked from the water down below the bluffs. I took this photo facing east. The sky was a nice blue colour. It is hard to see the water, but that is what I like about Lake Ontario. It is different each time you see it.
Although these photos were taken at exactly the same time, the view to the west looked completely different. The clouds were beginning to roll in. It is hard to see, but that large area of concrete buildings is the Pickering Nuclear Plant. To me this is the only blight on an otherwise beautiful natural setting. I know we need electricity, but heck.... don't get me started on that!



4 comments:

Simone de Klerk said...

Such a wonderful day with your daughter. Impressive, the difference in skies!
Ajax is Amsterdam's soccer team here. So I had to smile when I read you went there.

Wacky Woman said...

Oh what a gorgeous place. Sounds like a lovely day.

Barb said...

What wonderful pictures. Glad you could walk a while and glad you enjoyed time with your daughter.

Reddirt Woman said...

Sounds like you had a very pleasant trip... with the obvious exception...

Helen