Friday, July 15, 2011

Another Finish for July

I promised you a quilt and here it is!  I started this about 4 or 5 years ago.  It was taught at one of our guild's Bee Nights.  It was intended to use up some of the 5inch squares we had been exchanging.  I made mine 4 1/2 inches and used up many of my own novelty fabrics.  We had to piece the blocks according to a pattern.  Then we had to cut the quilt top in half and cut that piece in half again, so that after sewing the pieces back together the blocks were 'on point'.  I know it sounds complicated, but it worked!  It has become an I Spy quilt!

You can see some of my plants in the background.  I must go out and pull some weeds!  It is going to be hot again today. I was outside early this morning to do some watering - my hanging baskets and potted plants. 

The fabrics in this quilt remind me of the I Spy hexagon quilt I was making last summer.  I think I am going to look for it and sit outside in the shade this afternoon and do some hand sewing. 

Hope everyone has a nice weekend!

5 comments:

W. Latane Barton said...

Don't you just love to sew up extra fabric and end up with a fantastic quilt!! That one turned out great. Love the idea of cutting and cutting and making it on point. Now, that is a scary concept.. not sure I would try it.

wackywoman said...

Love that quilt and love that setting trick.

the dutch purple rabbit said...

yeahhh an other quilt done.
i love the fabrics.

nicolette said...

Cutting into quilt-tops sounds really scary! The result is beautiful with all its colours and fabrics!

The Calico Cat said...

Love it!